At PLASTIKA KRITIS we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and personal data. We understand that you are aware of and care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously.
This Notice describes:
• The information that PLASTIKA KRITIS collects about you
• How we use and protect this information
• The choices you can make about how we use this information
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will from time to time update and amend this Notice. So please check our website www.plastikakritis.com occasionally to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
1. Who are we?
We are «PLASTIKA KRITIS S.A.», a company incorporated under the laws of Greece and based at Iraklion, Crete. We are one of the leading producers of plastic products in the European Union, with a strong export business activity, international orientation and clientele. Most of our production is exported to more than 70 countries around the world while we have group entities and plants in France, Romania, Poland, Russia, Turkey, and China.
2. What type of information is collected from you?
As part of our activities, we collect all or some of the following categories of data subjects’ personal data, namely clients, suppliers, external partners, as well as any other third parties with whom we trade or who express their interest in our products and services:
- Name / Trade name. We collect the given names (first name, family name) and trade names of clients, and of contacts when they trade with us, when they express interest in our products and services, or participate in our events and workshops as well as promotion activities.
- E-mail address. We collect the e-mail address of data subjects and of their contact persons when they trade with us, when they express interest in our products and services, or participate in our events and workshops as well as promotion activities.
- Postal address. We collect the postal address or seat of the data subjects for billing purposes and for the delivery/dispatch of our products.
- Other contact information. We collect other contact information, such as the phone numbers of the data subjects or their contact persons, to better and faster provide them with our services.
- Billing data. We collect information of data subjects and final recipients of our products that is necessary for billing purposes of our products and services, such as TRN and Tax Office.
We are committed that we will not collect data subjects’ sensitive information.
3. Where do we obtain the information from?
We obtain information about you when you express your interest in our products and services, when you contact us, when we conclude a contract for the provision of our products and services, when you use our website, when you complete the contact form, or when you fill in participation forms in our events and workshops. We do not sell your information to anyone and only share it with other group entities abroad or with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of our services to you. Such third parties are indicatively the following:
- distribution companies (courier)
- banking and other financial institutions
- transport companies
4. How do we use (process) your information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
4.1. Provision of services. Having as main business the production and trading of plastic products, we have a well-organized sales network in order to serve our clients.
4.2. Relationship with our suppliers and other external partners. The personal data of these data subjects are used solely in the context and for purposes relating to our relationship.
4.3. Marketing/other promotion actions. Such actions include sending invitations to events and workshops organized by PLASTIKA KRITIS, information on new products and offers, as well gifts and greeting cards to existing and potential clients, producers-farmers, suppliers, external partners and any interested third party.
5. What is our legal basis for the processing?
5.1. The processing of your information, which is used for the provision of our services or in the context of our business relationship, is based on the conclusion and performance of a contract or –following your request- on the preparatory steps for the conclusion and execution of a contract.
5.2. The processing of your information which is used for marketing and/or other promotion actions is based either on your consent, or is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PLASTIKA KRITIS except where such interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of its personal data.
5.3. In certain cases, the processing of your information is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for our compliance with national and/or European legislation.
6. How long do we store your information?
6.1. We retain your information for the duration of our business relationship. We store specific client information for twenty (20) years to be able to meet our obligations to keep accurate records for tax or other administrative authorities.
6.2. We store promotion actions subscriber information until such subscriber indicates that he/she no longer wants to receive the relevant promotion material.
6.3. For more information on where and how long your information is stored please contact us at email@example.com.
7. What safeguards have we taken to protect your information?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. To help protect the privacy of your information, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Among other things, we have implemented the following technical and organizational measures and procedures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unlawful processing or alteration:
- detection and management of security incidents·
- use of servers with restricted access and subject to regular checks·
- use of IT systems and computer programs that are installed in a way that minimizes the use of personal data and/or user authentication data·
- need-to-know access to systems and databases.
8. When and how we share information with others?
As part of our activities, other group entities abroad may have access to your information. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your information with them. However, we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose. Furthermore, we may transfer your personal data to Public Authorities, Legal Persons governed under public law, Legal Persons governed by private law and judicial authorities where provided for by law.
9. Your rights
You have the right to request access to your personal information that we process. You also have the right to:
9.1. Rectify incorrect personal data or erase it (in certain circumstances).
9.2. Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
9.3. Data portability (under conditions).
9.4. Where we process your data based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the date you withdrew your consent.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic competent supervisory authority, namely the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (http://www.dpa.gr/).
10. Transferring of information outside the EEA
Information we collect from you may be transferred to other group entities outside the European Economic Area (Russia, Turkey and China), applying suitable safeguards (i.e. standard contractual data protection clauses) to ensure an adequate level of protection of your information.
11. How to contact us?
You can contact us with any questions you may have about the processing of your information or to exercise your rights by using the electronic communication form on our website or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Version Information – Changes and Updates
This Notice was last updated on 21 November 2018.
We reserve the right to amend and update this Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the updated Privacy and Data Protection Notice at our website. We may e-mail periodic reminders of changes to and updates of this Notice, but in any case, you should check our website frequently to see the current Privacy and Data Protection Notice that is in effect.